Your dream is shower and bath is where you start and end your day – so it should look beautiful.
Looking at the different types of tiles
There are few types of tiles available, each with its unique features and benefits:
- Ceramic Tiles: These are popular for showers due to their affordability, durability, and wide range of designs. They come in numerous colors, patterns, and textures, allowing you to customize your shower space to suit your style.
- Porcelain Tiles: Offering similar advantages to ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles are known for their water resistance and low maintenance. They are an excellent choice for shower floors as they provide a slip-resistant surface.
- Natural Stone Tiles: For a luxurious and sophisticated look, natural stone tiles like marble, granite, or slate are ideal. Each piece is unique, adding a touch of elegance to your shower. However, they may require more upkeep and are usually more expensive.
More Shower Tile Inspiration
Picking a tile is one thing, but the placement of your tiles, spacing, and grout color can completely change the look. Even the color of your fixtures against a white-themed tile can really stand out.
In our gallery you’ll see…
- How dark coloured grout can make the color pop.
- The color of your fixtures and accents matter!
- Neutral, marble, or pure white? What’s your jam?
Finding Inspiration for Your Shower Tiles
If you’re unsure about the design, there are numerous sources to draw inspiration from:
01. Off White Depth With Square Tiles
Adding a white and off-white tiles mixup adds depth to the overall theme. Instead of just plain white, it looks imperfect – but in a good way. Paired with a gold faucet it creates a touch of luxury.
02. Subway Tile – Mixed Vertical and Horizontal
Source: Instagram @old.house.new.castle
Stand up shower with white subway tiles done in a step-ladder pattern. Look closely and you’ll see the rest of the bathroom is boasting black honeycomb tiles. The contrast of black and white create a stunning look.
03. White and Grey Marble – 12 x 24
Source: Instagram @magnoliahrg
White and grey marble tile is an iconic Italian feature that exudes luxury and style. Large 12 by 24 inch tiles are durable and suitable for floor and wall applications.
04. Subway Tile with Brass Shower heads
Source: Instagram @londontile
This bathroom showcasing medium horizontal tiles running in a brick pattern. Using brass accessories to create a classic look with a modern twist. Meanwhile you have a large overhead shower head. Oh the serenity!
05. White Lyrical Tile with Matte Black Fixtures
Source: Instagram @thehouselift
Elevate your bathroom! White lyrical tiles laid on 1/3 pattern and grouted using Manhatten 110. Fixtures are matte black for even more contrast, creating a rich and modern aesthetic.
06. Subway Tiles with Dark Grout
Source: Instagram @renovating.no.66
These shower walls are covered in white subway tile for a chic-look. Bright white color tiles pair well with dark grout, while the natural-grey wood floor adds a touch of color.
07. White Tile with Black Grout / Fixtures / Floor
Source: Instagram @Meghan_Winsor
Transform your bathtub into sanctuary. In this design, the encircling walls have been embellished using elegant white subway tiles. The smooth, reflective surface of these tiles, coupled sophisticated pewter and black color palette that defines the bathroom’s aesthetic.
08. Large White Tile Shower
Source: Instagram @renovating.no.66
Discover a distinct approach in the master bathroom, where a white and natural grey color scheme takes center stage – with dark colored grout for contrast. Large 12×24 horizontal tiles are arranged in a brick-like pattern along the walls, while the floor and the shower niche boast a captivating interplay of white and gray, adding a touch of artistic flair.
09. Half and Half
Source: Instagram @threeballsred
Rather than having white tile be the star of the show – why not mix it up with a natural stone or marble floor. You could also try accenting one wall with a different color tile while the rest remains white. It really accentuates the entire space.
10. Vertical tile with offset colors
Source: Instagram @thefinelinechi
Let’s try something a little different. Vertical white and grey tiles to create a unique and luxurious space. It’s a playful pattern that sets your shower apart, but still blends nicely as to not be overbearing.